In the quiet moments, I find it's true,
Saying goodbye is better than staying blue.
Apathy, the thief of love's warm glow,
Leaves hearts cold, with no feelings to show.
Once, I wished for nothing but the best,
Yet now, indifference puts love to the test.
When he comes home late, I barely react,
His focus elsewhere, our connection lacks.
His shouts echo, but I quietly depart,
Moving through rooms with a heavy heart.
I still cook and clean, my duties remain,
Yet his appreciation is absent, a faint refrain.
Plans unfold, but he's no longer there,
In my dreams and life, he's a ghost in the air.
Though I promised 'til death do us part,
I've realized my need for a fresh start.
Waiting for freedom from this apathy's hold,
To find my own warmth, my own story told.
So I bid farewell to this loveless space,
Seeking a future with love's gentle embrace.
No comments:
Post a Comment